Documentation Needed for New Student Enrollment
- Certified State Issued Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record (must include the Tdap vaccination)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency – click here for detailed information and a list of the accepted documents
- Last Report Card
- Court Issued Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Special Education Documentation (if applicable)
If your child is absent and you would like to request work, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please call the guidance office at 804-733-2740 between 7:30 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. to make requests for work. Requests made after 9:00 A.M. will not give teachers sufficient time to gather the work for your child – please understand that we cannot disrupt instructional time during the day to continuously gather work for students who are absent.
- We only collect work for students who have been absent for two (2) or more days – if your child misses only one (1) day, he/she can get his/her work upon return. [We do this because of the numerous absences we have each day – it would be almost impossible to collect work for students who miss each day.]
- Work can be picked up between 2:30 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. (the guidance office closes at 3:15 P.M.) You may want to call ahead to see if any work has been submitted by your child’s teachers before coming.
- Please pickup work in a timely fashion – we sometimes have work for 20 to 30 students in the office and we have limited space to store it. Some teachers prefer to have students make-up work when they return to school, as they want to make sure that they have the opportunity to teach the students before they do the assignment(s). You can also check your child’s teachers’ Weblogs for assignments.
- When picking up work, please make sure that the person who comes to the guidance office to do so is fever-free and has been for at least 24 hours. Please help prevent the spread of illness by not bringing your sick child (or yourself if you are sick) on school grounds. We will be glad to send the work by a neighbor, friend, or another student.